While the Cobble Hill Halloween Parade takes place Wednesday afternoon at 4pm (@ Cobble Hill Park), you can begin celebrating early. Our friends at the Lower East Side Ecology Center not only run local electronic recycling events (like this weekend’s with XXX people dropping off more than XX tons of gadgets), they’re also hosting a community Halloween Party this weekend.
When: Saturday, October 27th from 11am to 2pm
Where: 469 President Street, btwn 3rd & Nevins, in Gowanus
- Decorate pumpkins and work on your electronic-themed Halloween costume
- Get your problematic Mac gadgets evaluated by the technician from Tekserve
- Tour the warehouse and learn about e-waste recycling and reuse
- Browse our selection of refurbished electronics (and preview items for sale on the online store here)
- Enter our raffle for giftcards and meals from local restaurants 606 R&D, The Grocery, the Sustainable NYC store, and pickle making with Brooklyn Brine
The event is free of charge and sure to be the perfect mix of spooky and techie! For more info contact Christina Copeland, the Lower East Side Ecology Center’s E-waste Warehouse Manager.